Packaging and Integration Company
Scope of work included:
- 508 each metal halide fixtures to Philips LED 16,000 lumen high bays
- 298 each, 4 lamp T8 office troffers to Philips LED EVO kits
- 37 assorted, 400 watt parking lot poles and building wall pack fixtures to LED
RR Donnelley is one of North America’s largest printing and packaging companies. Their Houston facility has more than 200,000 square feet of production, warehouse and office space.
In an effort to enhance the facility’s lighting and reduce operating costs, Donnelley needed to replace depreciated 400-watt metal halide fixtures at its Houston, Texas facility. To maximize the quality of lighting, as well as energy savings, Donnelley turned to ROI Energy Solutions and CME Construction for their expertise to upgrade their warehouse and production area lighting. It was determined during their initial lighting audit, significant additional energy savings was available by upgrading their office and exterior lighting to LED as well.
Lighting Energy Savings achieved:
- Reduced lighting energy cost by 70%
- Annual Energy Savings $60,000
- 1st Year Savings - $156,000
- 5 Year Savings - $381,000
- Payback 3 years
Benefits to client:
- 2-3 times brighter lighting
- Improved safety, employee morale and productivity
- Aesthetic improvement to overall appearance of office space
- Brighter exterior lighting improved safety and enhanced clarity for security cameras
- Realized $95,000 utility company rebate
- Added motion sensors to racked warehouse aisles (28% of total high bay fixtures) for additional energy savings.
“At first we were somewhat skeptical of the intended results, but the actual results were “beyond” our expectations”. For complete customer testimonial see: http://www.roi-energy.com/testimonials/rr-donnelley