A lighting upgrade can affect many line items on a business’ P & L statement. There are multiple benefits to having ROI Energy install a turn-key lighting upgrade, whether you operate a manufacturing plant, warehouse, commercial building or office:
• Lower utilities: Because new lighting systems are more energy efficient, they’ll reduce your utility bill.
• Less repairs/maintenance: A new, energy efficiency lighting installation requires less maintenance than old lighting systems.
• Fewer picking and pulling errors in warehouse environments: Figure what it costs you to reship orders which were pulled wrong, issue return authorizations or pick up orders to get incorrectly shipped product returned to inventory. Add to this, the cost of your unhappy customer who may hesitate to do business with you in the future.
• Less scrap: in the case of manufacturing companies, better lighting may lead to lower scrap rates.
• Potential tax benefit: If you qualify, you may be able to deduct the entire cost of your lighting upgrade (up to 60 cents/psf) against this year’s profits, reducing your tax liability. (ie. accelerated depreciation). This is done though EPAct certification which expires at December 31, 2016.
• Reduced payroll: Since improved lighting tends to increase productivity, employees will likely do more work in less time.
• For building owners, higher rental rates: With the added benefit of new lighting, a building owner may be able to increase rental rates.
• For building owners, better tenant retention: An efficient building is more comfortable, more attractive, requiring less maintenance, helping to retain existing tenants who might otherwise choose to move to another building.
• For building owners, better tenant attraction: As in the case above, a building with new, bright lighting is more attractive than one with poor, inefficient lighting.
For more information about taking advantage of the benefits of lighting upgrades, contact Bob Taussig, president of ROI Energy Solutions, Inc. We will provide a no obligation, lighting energy analysis, click here to contact us to help determine the right lighting solution for your facility as well as present your payback and ROI.
ROI Energy Solutions of Cleveland, Ohio and Houston, Texas has performed more than 300 industrial lighting upgrades and specializes in installing your lighting retrofit project without interrupting your operation. Don’t wait, contact us today. You’ll be glad you did.Phone: 330-931-3905 or Bob@ROI-Energy.com website: www.ROI-Energy.com
Portions of this content were excerpted from the Sales Ninja blog, Mark Jewell's daily blog on ideas and inspiration for advancing efficiency. Mark Jewell is the Wall Street Journal best-selling author of Selling Energy: Inspiring Ideas That Get More Projects Approved! Sign up at SellingEnergy.com