Learn how a lighting retrofit project reduces your energy costs and contributes to your bottom line. A lighting upgrade adds profit directly to your bottom line!
Benefits of Replacing T5 High Bay Lighting with LED High Bay fixtures
- Realize another 40% cost savings over T5 high bays
- LED’s last 70,000 -100,000 hours
- LED fixtures contain no mercury
- Virtually maintenance free
- LED’s have a lower amperage draw, opening up more capacity on your electric panel
Benefits of Replacing Metal Halide Lighting with T5 High Bays
- Realize 50% – 70% cost savings in lighting energy costs
- T5’s are rated for 35K hours vs. HID lamps at 20K hours
- Better color rendition (i.e. the ability to judge color under this light)
- T5’s typically provide double the light vs. depreciated HID fixtures
- T5 lamps maintain 94% of their initial lumen output over their rated life (HID lamps will lose 55% or more of their light output prior to burning out)
- T5’s contain lower mercury content
- T5’s have a dramatically lower amperage draw, opening up more capacity on your electric panel
Fixture Cost vs. Energy Cost
Building owners, executives and facility managers recognize the potential savings in energy as well as creating a long term positive cash flow when they complete a lighting retrofit project.
Upgrading old, inefficient high-intensity discharge (HID) lighting systems with new LED or T5 high bay lighting provides an excellent ROI and an immediate positive cash flow for your business.
Payback can be as short as little as 12-24 months
Cost of New Fixtures
The cost of new fixtures is not a considerable expense when looking at the overall cost of lighting.
- Estimates show 88% of the total cost over the fixture lifetime comes from your electric bill
- 8% comes from the replacement lamps and labor to change them
- Only 4% is actually the cost of the fixtures
How do you calculate we’ll save 50% or more in lighting energy?
For starters, your 400-watt metal halide fixtures actually draw 458 watts as compared to 144 watts for LED fixtures or 216-234 watts for T5 fixtures. In addition, you’ll now be able to use motion sensors or occupancy sensors in low traffic areas, which were not an option with metal halide fixtures due to their long warm up time. Then you’ll be using NO ENERGY in those areas.
Get Your No-Risk Energy Analysis
Types of Projects ROI Energy specializes in:
- HID high bay fixtures to energy efficient LED or T5 high bay fixtures saves 50-70% (for warehouse lighting, occupancy sensors provide additional savings).
- Outdated T-12 high output industrial fluorescent fixtures to a T8 fluorescent system saves as much as 50%
- Offices from T-12 troffers to T8 troffers using electronic ballasts saves 63%
- Converting outdated 2×4′ prismatic office troffers to a new updated look using energy efficient LEDs. Converts using an LED kit.
Jay Honsaker President Design Molded Plastics, Inc.